［The entry has been closed］Open Recruitment for Visiting Associate Professor
Open Recruitment for Visiting Associate Professor, Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University
The Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University (QREC) is currently seeking a visiting associate professor. Details are as follows:
1. Position available:
One visiting associate professor (corresponding to an associate professor position)
・Education and research on entrepreneurship
・General duties pertaining to QREC operations
・Collaborative tasks with international and national industry-academia-government organizations
3. Required qualifications:
(1) A doctor’s degree, or equivalent academic knowledge and practical experience (an MBA degree at least is desirable.)
(2) Educational and research experience in entrepreneurship or business administration at a university (including part-time positions)
(3) English language skills. The successful candidate will be engaged in correspondence with overseas organizations. Practical experience in the business community is desirable.
*It would be preferable if non-Japanese native speaking applicants have commanding Japanese skills required in educational profession.
(4) We are seeking a talented individual with superior interpersonal skills who has a passion for developing human resources, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global perspective.
4. Employment period:
From April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020. This period is renewed after one academic year, with a limit of three years in total. (Renewal of the employment contract is decided at the end of the academic year, and is based on performance evaluations.)
5. Employment conditions:
The successful candidate will be hired in accordance with Visiting Faculty Member Regulations and General Regulations for Employment of Fixed Term Faculty Members of Kyushu University. The compensation (daily pay) will be decided in accordance with the Compensation Regulations of Faculty Members, considering the candidate’s qualification including academic career, experience and career history.
The compensation for actual working days will be paid on the 21st of the following month.
(No commuting expenses or bonuses are provided.)
Our benefit package includes health insurance, employees’ pension, employment insurance and workplace injury insurance.
Kyushu University Ito Campus (744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka City)
7. Working hours:
9:00 – 17:45 (60-minute break) Five working days per week
No work on Saturdays, Sundays or national holidays.
Paid holidays, New Year holidays and summer holidays will be provided.
8. Application Guidelines (File Download)
Information1) Open Recruitment for Visiting Associate Professor
Information2) Employment Conditions
9. Documents to be submitted:
(1) Résumé (Please attach a photo and indicate your name, date of birth, current address, academic and professional history, contact number and email address.)
*Please indicate your preferred location for your interview in the remarks column (Tokyo or Fukuoka). For the date, please confirm 11. Screening method indicated below.
(2) Past research and educational achievements, and work experience (free format)
(3) Motivation for application, aspirations for entrepreneurship human resource development (free format)
10. Application deadline:
Due NLT November 26, 2018 (Mon.)The entry has been closed. Thank you.
11. Send your application documents to:
Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University
Common Facility 1 (CF1) 2F, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka City, 819-0395
*On the envelope, please write “Application Documents for Visiting Associate Prof. of Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University” in red, and send it by registered mail.
(Application documents shall not be returned.)
12. Screening method:
After screening the application documents, a second screening will be conducted by interview.
Interview dates: Early December, 2018 (QREC will separately email the interview date to accepted candidates.)
*All expenses pertaining to the application and interview, including travel expenses, should be borne by the applicant.
Ms. Chie Ariyoshi, Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University
The documents will be used only for the purpose of the application for this position and private information will never be disclosed, given or lent to a third party without proper justification.