Global Challenge and Creation（G.C＆C）
－Challenging a world of globalization! Let us do battle with overseas students!!ー
QREC Global Challenge&Creation
Global Challenge and Creation（G.C＆C）provides opportunities for students to compete directly with overseas students in student business plan competitions, and gives them experience in the process of turning their ideas into practical services and goods that will bring value to society. Its purpose is to foster and let students acquire a fully-fledged entrepreneurship that will achieve results in international society, and a sense of innovation and globalism. Plenty of chances are given for students to apply to take part in overseas business plan competitions and hachkathons, and support is provided through mentoring and financial aid for air fares and so on.
Global Challenge and Creation
■ Participation target contests
Please see the following contests.
＜Target Contests List＞
*Confirm the details of the contests like the application period.
● 2017 TECO Green Tech Contest （Taipei：August, 2017 URL：http://www.tecofound.org.tw/greentech-contest/2017/）
（Guideline in English）
● Isis Innovation Idea Idol（Oxford University）
● MIT Global Startup Workshop Business Plan Competition
● International Business Model Competition
● Sustainable Campus International Competition
● IBM MASTER The Mainframe Contest
● ASES Summit（URL：http://ases.stanford.edu/summit/）
● 1776 CHALLENGE CUP in TOKYO（URL：http://www.1776.vc/challenge-cup/）
● BMC COMPETITION JAPAN（URL：http://japan-bmc.com/）
● Microsoft Imagine Cup （https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/education/imagine-cup.aspx）
● ACM-ICPC：ACM（Association for Computing Machinery：International Collegiate Programming Contest）
● Hult Prize 2018 Challenge（http://www.hultprize.org/challenge/）
Note: In case of participation in contests overseas after winning the domestic competition, you might be offered an extra grant upon review.
Call for participations in the 2017 G.C＆C
The project must consist of members who are undergraduates or post graduate students at Kyushu University.
*In some cases QREC may approve the participation of a working adult as a mentor in the project.
*Multiple applications in which the same person is the leader will not be accepted. However, it is possible for the leader of one project to be a member of another one.
*It is preferable that the participation of those who have excelled in C&C and Idea Battles is obtained.
Themes of call for applications
The following five themes are recommended
(1) ICT （Including Web business）
(2) Green tech（environmental technologies）
(3) Bid data（statistical analysis）
(4) Base of the pyramid（BOP）
(6) ICT （Including Web business）
*Participation in the contest will in principle be based on these themes.
*In principal participation will be in contests based on the themes listed above.
Amount of grants
Funds will be granted for participation fees, transport costs and building of prototypes etc.
*The funds will be granted in line with the Kyushu University accounting regulations. It will not take the form of a one-off cash payment.
The deadlines for competitions vary.
Download the application form from this page, fill out all the information and send it from the Entry.
If you have additional forms for the subject contest, download G.C&C(General A) application form – form 1 and If you don’t, download G.C&C(General B) application form – form 2.
In case of G.C&C(General A) application form applicants, prepare the application form for the subject contest in the digital file in PDF format which is necessary to submit.
Deadline：Tuesday, December 26th, 2017
Your applications are examined by QREC and the results come out within a month after the deadline. In some cases, a presentation or a prototype is required.
A report of the state , the result and the achievement of the applicants is required.
The time for the final presentation depends on the contests that applicants participate in.
For selected applicants:
Permission to get advice by adults or adult students.
Approved to receive mentoring by QREC instructors.
Kyushu University student team won Silver Medal Prize in TECO Green Tech 2016
Please see more details ⇒ Click here