Silicon Valley Room（Room #213）／Meeting Room（Room #202）Usage Rules
Silicon Valley Room（Room #213）／ Meeting Room（Room #202）
|photo1）Silicon Valley Room||Photo2）Meeting Room|
This rules designates Rooms 202 and 213 on the second floor of Common Facility 1 in Kyushu University’s Ito Campus the “Meeting Room” and “Silicon Valley Room,” respectively, and provides for the rules for their usage.
For their usage, the Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University (QREC) will be accountable.
The room must be reserved in advance. Please make inquiries and reservations after having checked through the Rules Governing Use of Silicon Valley Room and Meeting Room.
※Those using the room are requested to download the file below and complete it.
Silicon Valley Room Layout
* On-campus LANs kitenet, edunet available for access
* The following equipment are available:
Standard fixtures: 9 desks (including one fold-out desk), 36 chair, or 4 chairs per desk
Others: 28 chairs, 8 fold-out desks* If you wish to use the video conference system, please state so when you make your booking.
Meeting Room Layout
Those who may use the Silicon Valley Room and Meeting Room are defined as follows:
(1) QREC faculty and staff
(2) Students, student groups and other registered personnel selected for such projects as Challenge & Creation (C&C), Academic Challenge (AC), Idea Battle, Global Challenge & Creation (G.C&C), Jump Out Challenge (J.O.C)
(3) Students and student groups participating in QREC-related lectures and programs (eg QSHOP) and approved by QREC faculty
(4) Students and student groups approved by the QREC Director General (approval to be granted following submission of application)
(5) Non-QREC faculty and staff at Kyushu University
Types of application
Usage requiring submission of application consists of regular and one-time usage.
（requiring individual ID submission）
|One-time exclusive usage|
|・ Eligible users that fall under 3. (1), (2) and (3), are required to submit a Silicon Valley Room Entry Registration Application for individual approval.
・ Rooms may be used for 24 hours
・ Exclusive usage, as a rule, is not permitted (One-time exclusive usage is possible but must follow the guidelines on the right).
・ Applicants are required to open and lock up the door.
These rules will not apply to regular usage on the closed days as designated by the University or QREC.
|・ Eligible users that fall under 3. (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) who wish to use the Room exclusively are required to submit a Silicon Valley Room/Meeting Room Usage Request.
・ Faculty members or staff will submit or manage these Requests.
・ In principle, from 9:00 through 17:00
・ Guest cards to be leased for security rooms
Users in the left category may also apply separately for exclusive usage for events, etc.
Provisions for usage：Usage prioritization and security
The Silicon Valley Room is to be locked at all times from the security standpoint and accessed by student and faculty or staff ID cards.
Regular users of the Meeting Room will borrow a key in advance from the QREC office. For non-regular users, QREC staff will open and close the Meeting Room.
(1) Application submission (Entry Registration Application, Usage Request)
・ All those who wish to use the Silicon Valley Room may submit in advance a Silicon Valley Room Entry Registration Application to the QREC office and be approved individually.
・ Those who wish to use the Silicon Valley or Meeting Rooms will submit in advance a Silicon Valley/Meeting Room Usage Request to the QREC office and approved. Groups will apply through group representatives.
・ Upon receipt of applications, the QREC office will register relevant IDs for access at the Common Facility 1 (CF1) entrance and the Silicon Valley Room access control system. Approved users will then be able to enter CF1 and the Silicon Valley Room by swiping their ID card at entry points. (CF1 is open 8:00-20:00 on weekdays).
・ The usage period is up to the end of March in each academic year. Registrations will be reviewed at the end of every academic year.
・ All applications may be sent by email to email@example.com or brought in hard copy to the QREC office.
(2) On usage
・ Exclusive usage of the Silicon Valley or Meeting Rooms will require advance bookings. Bookings will be approved in principle on first-come-first-served basis, in accordance with the following rules of prioritization:
1) QREC classes and events as well as QREC faculty and staff usage will be given top priority. QREC faculty and staff are not required to submit advance bookings.
2) Eligible users, such as 3. (2) those selected for student projects (C&C, AC, Idea Battles, G.C&C, J.O.C), 3. (3) those approved by QREC faculty and 3. (4) individually approved students, will be allowed to submit two months in advance to the day of usage.
・ Non-QREC faculty at KU (5) may apply on the day of usage if the Rooms are available.
・ Those who wish to apply more than two months in advance may discuss with QREC.
・ Upon submission of applications, would-be users will indicate if their bookings are firm or tentative. Tentative bookings may be confirmed as firm bookings within one week of approval or they may be voided. Please note well that, if firm bookings are cancelled without valid reasons, applicants may be restricted in future usage.
Advance booking restrictions for the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms
|Silicon Valley Room／Meeting Room|
|(1) QREC faculty||No restrictions on advance bookings|
|(2) Student project members||Two months prior to the day of usage
Tentative bookings will be voided in one week unless confirmed
* For exclusive usage only
|(3) Anyone approved by QREC faculty|
|(4) Students approved individually|
|(5) Non-QREC faculty at KU||On the day (if available)|
Regular users, who fall under 5. (1) and have submitted a Silicon Valley Room Entry Registration Application, may use the Rooms at any time on any day when the campus is open.
One-time exclusive users, who fall under 5. (1) and have submitted a Silicon Valley/Meeting Room Usage Request, may use the Rooms only during the office hours of the QREC office. However, if there are special reasons for using the Rooms outside these hours, submit your request to QREC in advance and obtain prior approval.
Users of the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms are expected to abide by the principle of public decency. Please note well that users who commit any of the following violations may have existing reservations cancelled, be imposed restrictions, or be denied access to the Rooms:
○ Violations of usage rules for the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms
○ Drinking alcoholic beverages and smoking in the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms
○ Using fire hazards in the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms
○ Failure to restore chairs and desks to the original condition
○ Failure to clean up the desks and/or white board after usage
○ Occupying the Rooms for long hours
○ Unplanned bookings of the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms and failure to use the facilities as per bookings
○ Loss, destruction, removal or incorrect usage of equipment and/or expendables (such as sticky notes)
○ Failure to lock up doors and windows after usage
○ Failure to turn off lights and power sources
○ Failure to clean up the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms or take out trash
○ Failure to uphold minimum standards in public decency
○ Lodging and using the shower room or other facilities in Common Facility 1 Bldg.
Users of the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms must do so appropriately, in accordance with the purpose of the QREC Studio.
The Manager of the Silicon Valley and Meeting Rooms may cancel or suspend usage approval if users are found to have violated the usage and approval criteria or remove users from the Rooms.